Water Saving Tips You Can Use Today
Water is essential to our everyday lives. And, our supplies are limited…so please use water wisely. Cutting water use inside and outside our homes is really important. If each of us changed our water-use habits, we could save billions of gallons of water. Here’s how you can help:
What you can do:
- Wash only full loads of laundry and dishes Saves up to 50 gallons per week
- Fix household leaks promptly
- Spend only 5 minutes in the shower
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth
- Buy water-saving devices like high-efficiency toilets and clothes
washers Some of these clothes washers are eligible for rebates!
- Talk to your family and friends about saving water.
- If everyone does a little, we all benefit a lot.
What you can do :
- Water your lawn 1 to 2 days a week instead of 5 days a week
- Check your sprinkler system for leaks, overspray and broken
sprinkler heads and repair promptly.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean driveways and sidewalks
- Install a smart sprinkler controller that adjusts watering based on weather, soil type, amount of shade and plant type.
- Water your plants in the early morning or evening to reduce evaporation and ineffective watering due to wind